Facebook username is the unique name given to the each facebook page and account that helps to give specific identity to the particular page or Account and distinguish two accounts with similar names.
The Facebook page is a good way for business awareness and exposure of your brand on the internet. It become really helpful to connect with more people to your brand. But without a Facebook page username your page looks very unprofessional.
Here in this article, you are about to learn how to add a username to your Facebook page (add the custom username to your Facebook page). This will help you to use a custom URL or link to showcase your Facebook page. For an example : Facebook.com/username or fb.me/username
How to add a custom username to your Facebook page :
STEP 1: First of all go to facebook.com and log in to your Facebook account.
STEP 2: Go to Pages from the left side menu from the Facebook Newsfeed.
STEP 3: Create a new Facebook page or Open your already created Facebook page.
STEP 4: Fill in all required details like Facebook page name, description, page logo, etc.
STEP 5: After all these, you will see ‘@create username’ below the page title.
Before you should proceed to add a custom username to the Facebook page you have to follow Facebook’s guidelines for Facebook page username. Follow the guidelines given below to instantly avail Facebook page username.
- You can’t use an already used username
- You can only use alphanumeric characters (A–Z, 0–9) and periods (“.”) in your username. You can’t use extensions like .com, .net, etc..
- You can’t use periods (“.”) and capitalization to differentiate usernames. For example, johnysmith99, Johny.Smith99 and johny.smith.99 are all considered the same username
- Your Facebook page must have a minimum of 25 likes.
- You can’t create a username of a newly created Facebook page if you have recently created too many Facebook pages.
- Your username must follow the Facebook terms
Tricks to quickly get a custom username for your Facebook page :
- Complete 25 likes by inviting your Facebook friends to like your page. You get the invite friends to option on your homepage or first page or the front page of your Facebook page.
- Add a new admin to your Facebook page and give all the admin access. (You can add your friend or family member as admin temporary to claim a username.)
- Then your new admin instantly set or claim a new username for your Facebook page.
Hope this informative article helpful to you to add a username to your Facebook page (custom Facebook username).
FAQs (frequently asked questions)
Q. What if Facebook page username not available?
Ans. You can be creative by adding new words in your username; for example username: userpage is not available then try myuserpage or bestuserpage. This will solve your Facebook username unavailability issue.
Q. Can I change the username after creating a new username?
Ans. Yes, you can easily change your Facebook page username anytime.
For more ‘How to’ tutorials: https://apkmuz.com/category/how-to/